Small Business Marketing Goes Virtual Due to Covid-19
Small businesses are increasing spending on digital marketing in response to changing consumer behavior during the Covid-19 pandemic, according to a meta-analysis of data by SCORE, mentors to America’s small businesses. As consumers continue to purchase products and services online, 91% of small business owners will engage in some form of digital marketing this year.
Businesses plan to increase digital marketing budgets this year:
- 78% of business owners plan to increase digital marketing spend.
- 73% plan to increase total social media budget and 45% plan to increase social media advertising.
- 35% plan to increase video advertising.
Website and social media are business owners’ preferred digital marketing channels:
- 51% of business owners use a company website.
- 49% use social media.
- 34% use email marketing.
- 33% use online advertising.
- 73% of business owners consider social media to be their most successful digital marketing channel
- Facebook – 66% successful
- YouTube – 42% successful
- Instagram – 41% successful